KANSAS CITY, MO (November 22, 2011) – The Kansas City Royals today announced updates to the club’s alternate home and primary road uniforms for the 2012 season. In addition to the changes described below, every version of the uniform jerseys will feature the 2012 All-Star Game patch on the right sleeve. The updated uniforms were unveiled today at an event Kauffman Stadium featuring hitting coach Kevin Seitzer and 2011 All-Star pitcher Aaron Crow.
Changes to the alternate home “powder blue” uniforms:
- · Jersey will feature a new bolder powder blue color that better represents the original powder blue color of our historic past.
- · “Royals” script on the front of the jersey has been changed to white with blue outline and the number on the front of the jersey is now blue with white outline.
- · Standard Royals blue KC cap will be worn with the new alternate jersey.
Changes to the primary road grey uniforms:
- · Grey color fabric has been changed to a deeper looking blue/grey tonal quality that will enhance the other colors featured in the uniform.
- · The “Kansas City” script has been retooled to a more stylized font that now is in the same family as our traditional “Royals” script font.
- · The piping on both the jersey and pants is now a dual blue and white color scheme.
The Royals Majestic Team Store located at Gate C of Kauffman Stadium has announced special holiday hours allowing fans the opportunity to pick up those perfect Royals gifts for friends and family, including the brand-new powder blue and road jerseys. The store will be open on Friday, November 25 from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and then again on Saturday, November 26 during the KU-MU football game from noon to 5 p.m. In addition, the store will be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. from December 19-23 with the exception of December 20 when the store will close at 6 p.m.