I-70 Baseball received a press release from the club today with notes about all the upcoming games in St. Louis as well as some notes on the franchise history in the fall classic.
Some highlights from the release:
- First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden will be in attendance for Game One as a part of MLB’s participation in the Welcome Back Veterans and Joining Forces
- A Pre-Game Rally will be held in Ballpark Village from 3:00 – 5:45 p.m before each game
- Gates will open at 4:00 p.m. for Game One only and open at 5:00 p.m. for all other games
- Cardinal pitchers who were on the mound for the final out of the last four World Championships will throw out the first pitch before game one (Bob Gibson – 1964 and 1967, Bruce Sutter – 1982, Adam Wainwright – 2006)
- The Roberto Clemente Award,recognizing a Major League Baseball player who best represents the game of baseball through positive contributions, including sportsmanship and community involvement, on and off the field; will be presented before the start of Game Two.
- American Idol Scotty McCreery and country music star Trace Adkins will perform the National Anthem before games one and two, respectively
- Should games six or seven be needed, Mike Matheny and Jack Clark will be posing with the World Championship trophies from 1982 and 2006 and taking pictures with fans
- The team store will be expanding the hours of operation to 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. during the post-season and is will offer exclusive Rally Squirrel merchandise as well as National League Champion merchandise.
- The Cardinals are playing in their 18th World Series
- Surprisingly, the Cardinals have a losing record (52-53) in World Series games including a 27-25 record at home
To read the entire release, including Busch Stadium Policies, Franchise Facts, and much more, download the official PDF by clicking here.