The hottest 3 songs in 1985. Can you name them?
- Finished 1st in AL West (91-71), Manager Dick Howser (Scored 687 runs, Allowed 639 runs)
- Attendance: 2,162,717 (5th of 14)
- Post season: Won World Series (4-3) over St. Louis Cardinals
Won AL Championship Series (4-3) over Toronto Blue Jays
And how did the Royals do on this July 12, 1985 day? Well, they lost 4-5 with the winning run scored with two outs. The losing pitcher was Dan Quisenberry who would later go on to face the toughest battle anyone could face, cancer. The winning pitcher was Tom Waddell. Lonnie Smith LF, George Brett 3B, Darryl Motley RF-LF and Frank White 2B, who hit a home run, scored the four runs.
Flash forward to 2010?
1. “California Gurls” …..Katy Perry Featuring Snoop Dogg
2. “Airplanes” …..B.oB. Featuring Hayley Williams
3. “OMG” …..Usher Featuring will.i.am
And the 2010 Royals? Well, here are the current numbers as we head to the All Star break…
- 4th in AL Central, 8 Games Back, Manager Ned Yost who took the helm in May
- Attendance to date: 809,464
The 2010 Royals have some great young talent and it’ll be interesting to watch them develop more after the break. We don’t have a George Brett or Dan Quisenberry. We do have a David DeJesus and Zack Greinke.